Sous Vide Egg Bites with Bacon and Gruyere Cheese
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Who doesn’t love Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites? I’ll bet you didn’t know how easy they are to make at home with a sous vide machine. And while this recipe was inspired by Starbuck’s egg bites, I’ve given them a little twist.
These tasty sous vide egg bites can be cooked and served in the 4 oz. canning jar they are prepared in, or you could plate them. Just be sure to thoroughly grease the jars with non-stick cooking spray or butter so they can be removed easily and in one piece.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Sous Vide Temp: 172°F
Cook time: 30 minutes
6 large eggs
½ c. smoked gruyere cheese, shredded
2 T. smoked gruyere cheese, shredded, for topping
4 T. cottage cheese
Salt and black pepper
4 slices of very crispy cooked bacon, divided
2 T. sliced green onion (just use the green part)
6 4-oz. glass canning jars
Non-stick cooking spray or melted butter for greasing jars
- Fill your sous vide container or large pot with water and attach your sous vide circulator to the side of the container. The temperature should be set to 172°F and the cook time to 30 minutes.
- As the water is heating up, add the eggs, 1/2 cup of the Gruyere, and the cottage cheese to a blender. Season with salt and black pepper and process until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Using non-stick cooking spray or melted butter, thoroughly coat the insides of all 6 4-oz. canning jars. Save 1/4 of the bacon for topping and divide the rest between the 6 jars.
- Fill each jar with equal portions of the egg mixture.
- Cover each jar with a two-part lid and tighten just until “finger tight.” The cover should be just tight enough to keep the water out, but not too tight as extra air needs to be able to escape while in the water.
- Shake the jars so that the crumbled bacon and egg mixture is distributed evenly.
- Once the water temperature reaches 172°F, gently place the covered jars into the water bath with a pair of tongs. You may need to reset the cook time to 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, carefully remove the covered jars from the water bath and carefully loosen all the lids. Top all the sous vide egg bites with the remaining Gruyere cheese, crumbed bacon, and sliced green onions. They can also be put in the refrigerator until ready to serve and quickly reheated in the microwave.