6 Easy Steps To Making Applesauce In An Instant Pot
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Have you ever wondered if you can make applesauce in an Instant Pot? The answer is yes!
Although applesauce is widely available with many different brands available at all grocery retailers, it can be hard to find a good brand of applesauce. Many brands contain a lot of sugar and preservatives. Sometimes, the applesauce doesn’t even taste much like apples at all.
Fortunately, you can make your own fresh applesauce free of preservatives at home using an Instant Pot.
What You Will Need To Make Applesauce In The Instant Pot
For applesauce, you will need at least two ingredients: apples and water. If desired, you can spice things up with sugar, lemon juice, or cinnamon.
Firstly, you need apples. As for what kind, that depends on your individual preference. If you are aiming for a more tart flavor, use Granny Smith or Pink Lady apples. If you prefer more sweetness, you could use Golden Delicious or Honeycrisp apples. Any other of the dozens of varieties of apples can be used as ingredients. Red Delicious, Gala, McIntosh, Fuji, and Ambrosia are all excellent choices for the best tasting applesauce. You can also combine more than one type of apple if you want a more varied taste.
If you want to increase the fullness of the apple flavor to the absolute maximum, you can alternately swap water for one third cup of apple cider or apple juice instead.
How To Make Applesauce In The Instant Pot
To ensure that your Instant Pot is clean before you use it, you can add two or three cups of water, press the manual pressure cooking button, and set the timer for five minutes. Afterward, dump out the water and use your freshly sterilized Instant Pot.
When you are ready to make applesauce, you will need three apples and one third cup of water (or any multiple of that, depending on the quantity of applesauce you want to make). For optional flavoring, add one teaspoon of cinnamon, two tablespoons of brown sugar, and one tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare your apples. Wash them thoroughly under cold water, peel and core them, and then cut them into quarters. You can also choose to leave the apple skins on if your prefer to.
- Combine the apples, water, and any other desired ingredients in the Instant Pot.
- Once all the ingredients are well-blended, close the lid and set the Instant Pot to high pressure for about five minutes and wait until the depressurization completes for an extra 10 minutes.
- Open the lid and test the flavor of your applesauce. If you want it sweeter, it’s a good time to add a little extra sugar.
- If you want your applesauce to have a smoother texture, use a potato masher or a blender for maximum effect.
- Allow the applesauce to cool for a few minutes before eating or storing.
There are several ways you can store your finished applesauce. You can put the applesauce in containers to keep in the fridge for up to about four to five days. If you want to keep it for longer, put your containers of applesauce into the freezer to preserve them for a few months. Alternately, you can enjoy it warm shortly after cooking it.
Try this delicious applesauce recipe that combines pears and apples.